Rent and buy ski and snowboard gear for backcountry or the resort
Our Truckee store is right on the main drag – DONNER PASS RD – easily found the moment you pull off I-80. We are very close to many ski touring destinations and are also within 5 miles of Sugar Bowl, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, and Northstar Ski Areas.
Our employees are long time locals who spend a lot of time outside. They know how to assess your group’s skills, time frame, and desires to offer you the best recommendations for your ski adventure. You are in good hands with us! People come to The Back Country for EXPERT ADVICE and FRIENDLY SERVICE!
Our full service shop will also maintain and repair your winter gear. Visit our service page to find out more.
Ski, Snowboard, Snowshoe Rentals
We rent everything you need for your adventure in the backcountry or at the resort. Visit our rentals page to see what we carry and to reserve your gear today!
New Gear for Sale
We want to help you find the perfect set up! We carry a selection of –
- Alpine skis, bindings, and boots from K2, Salomon, Atomic, Marker, Lange, Dynastar, Volkl, and Scott
- Snowboards, bindings, and boots from Jones, Salomon, Karakoram, Spark, Voile, and K2
- AT skis, boots, bindings,and skins from Dynafit, Marker, K2, Salomon, Volkl, Scott, Atomic, and Black Diamond
- Splitboards, bindings, and skins from Jones, TahoeLabs, Voile, Spark, and Karakoram
- Tele skis, bindings, and boots from Scarpa, Scott, Black Diamond, Voile, 22 Designs and Rotefella
- XC skis, bindings, and boots from Rossignol
- Ski and adjustable poles from Black Diamond, Dynafit, Volkl, BCA, Voile, and Scott
- Snowshoes from MSR and Tubbs
- Safety equipment – Beacons, shovels, probes, helmets from Pieps, Arva, Black Diamond, and BCA,
- Backpacks for cycling, climbing, mountaineering and ski and snowboard touring
- Gloves, jackets, pants, boots, base layers, hats, and more!
Looking for something specific?
We’re happy to help track down the gear you want. Email [email protected] with details about what you’re looking for.